Skip to main content
Brooklyn, US, Full Time.
Frio Controls is developing the next generation of IoT controllers for building and HVAC systems.
We use innovative sensing and control methods to improve energy efficiency and user experience.
We are looking for a creative developer who is interested in getting in on the ground floor of a small startup.
You will work directly with the leadership team to steer the design and implementation of a backend platform that supports our pipeline of IoT controllers.
We are looking for a skilled architect with high level design skills who can also get their hands dirty writing (lots of) code.
As we continue to grow you will have the opportunity to lead a team of in-house and remote developers and help plot our path forward.
- Architect the fundamental design of our backend platform
- Maintain live production systems
- Coding/Project Work – 80%, Strategy/Planning – 20%
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years in software development
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience deploying and managing apps on Google Cloud Platform and/or AWS
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++
- Implementation and integration of RESTful APIs
- Database design and management
- Experience with IoT/M2M and embedded systems
- Leadership of software development teams
- Start to finish project implementation
- Dashboards and data visualization (D3, Matplotlib, Plotly, etc.)
- Permissions and authentication systems
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Full benefits - medical, dental, and vision
- Work-life flexibility